Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Time I Won Twenty Dollars

A few years ago I won twenty dollars. There was this contest at a fair in Mexico in which you had to compete with someone to see who could drink a gallon of water faster. Water is what I always drink so I am used to drinking it. I can drink pretty fast, especially when I am very thirsty. That day it so happened that I was thirsty because I had nothing to drink that day and it was hot outside. The other girl was skinnier than me, and it seemed like she did not really drink water because I had seen her there before and she always had a soda in her hand. I was very confident that I could win because I was really good at drinking water. They didnt tell us what the prize was. They were going to tell us after we had finished. We had to pay a dollar to enter the competition. It was the time and right as I heard the whistle I started gulping down the water. I gulped half the gallon in probably a minute because I was so thirsty. I took a break to catch my breath. I looked to see where the girl was at. She was not even half way. I then immediately started drinking again. I drank and drank until I finished. I had a full stomach. I had won! I was so happy that I screamed. Twenty dollars was the prize. I was satisfied, I knew I had the skill of being able to drink water fast. Right as soon as I got my twenty dollars, I quickly ran to the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment