Sunday, October 17, 2010

Creative Non- Fiction- The Time I Was Totally Happy

It was August 25, 2006 and it was the first Angel game I attended. I was really happy! The Angels were playing against the Yankees. I was so happy that the night before I was not able to sleep. As soon as we arrived at the stadium, I felt butterflies in my stomach. My first time there, I could already sense the smell of hot dogs and popcorn. My sister distributed the tickets and I held mine with such pride. I was about to enter glory, a place filled with many emotions. They checked our bags and then they scanned our tickets. It was official, I was inside the stadium. Quickly we made our way to our seats. As the field revealed itself, I was left astonished. It was not like on TV, it was so huge and beautiful! I spotted the water fountain, very gorgeous by the way. We sat down and I just looked around to make sure I did not miss any detail in sight. The game started and I saw as the players made their way to the field. I was totally so happy! I could not stop smiling. Every now and then I would give a quick glance around the stadium, observing the people around me. The game came to an end. The Angels beat the Yankees. I screamed out loud with joy and pride. That was my first game ladies and gentlemen. I will never forget that day. As we were driving away, I turned and waved good-bye, hoping to see it soon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment