Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Personal Essay

This summer of 2010, my family and I were going to Zacatecas, Mexico. I was so excited because I had not gone since December of 2008. I remember I had a calendar and I would count the days left till I was leaving. We had already started to go buy stuff to take and I also bought new clothes and shoes. As the day came closer, it was hard for me to get sleep at night. All I would do is think on all the fun things I was going to do when I was in Mexico. My mom had already told my family in Mexico that we were going to Mexico on July 17. We always go by car so it takes us like a day to get there. Just a week before the big day, I started packing my personal stuff. I had three small bags, all full and ready to explode. Four days before the seventeen, I received the news that we were not going to Mexico anymore. I felt so disappointed! I did all this for nothing. My hopes were high up, but then my dad told me the reason why our trip was cancelled. My grandmother was close to getting a heart attack and half of her body was paralyzed, so my dad had to stay and take care of my grandmother and he was the only one that could take her to the doctor. I felt bad for my grandmother and I just hoped that she recovered from the paralysis. Each night I prayed so that she could get better. After I received the news, I unpacked my three small bags and put everything back in its place. I still felt disappointed though because my summer was going to be boring and I had already pictured myself in Mexico in the fiestas, drinking my cantarito, and watching the tastuanes dancing around. You never get what you want, so do not expect to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment