Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My mother used to have...

My mother used to have a pet pig when she lived in Mexico as a child. She told my siblings and I that she really loved him. His name was Tachito. I thought it was adorable when she said that Tachito would be out near the river and they would shout his name," Tachito, Tachito!"  As soon as he heard his name, he would come back home running. Unfortunately he died because he was poisoned by herbs people used to throw out. Now, many pigs in Mexico are used to kill them and eat them, not as pets. Every year I go to Mexico I get to meet new pigs each time I go. I just see them and think that in a while they will soon be in my stomach. I once saw when they killed a pig. Poor thing, it was shot and it started rolling around. The gun shot did not work so the man stabbed him in the heart. Then after that starts the peeling of the skin. It did not gross me out at all, but I just felt sorry for the pig. I wish I could have a pet baby pig, they are so adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment