Sunday, September 12, 2010

If I could cook any meal for my family.....

If I could cook any meal for my family, I would cook them enchiladas. These enchiladas are made with corn tortillas, ranchero cheese, onion and with las palmas enchilada sauce. First, you heat the tortillas on a comal. Meanwhile, pour the las palmas enchilada sauce on a pan and put it on the stove until it boils completely. Once you have heated all the tortillas and the sauce has boiled up, start to smash the cheese on a plate until it is completely apart. Once done, start to cut an onion into small pieces. When you finish cutting the onion, place on top of the cheese and mix it all together. Then, get a big pan and place one pound of lard and let it dissolve in medium heat. Once the lard has dissolved you are ready to begin. Get the tortillas one by one and soak them in the sauce. Slowly place the tortilla on the pan and be careful with the lard because it might burn you. Flip the tortilla to the other side after a while and leave again for a while. Take the tortilla out with a spatula and place on a big, round plate. Grab a half full hand of cheese mixed with onion and place in the middle of the tortilla. Wrap the tortilla once you have placed the cheese in the middle. Repeat these steps until you have finished with all the tortillas. Once I would finished making the enchiladas, I would place them in the middle of the table. After that, I would say," Dig in!"

No comments:

Post a Comment